Tuesday, March 18, 2008

BYU and the NCAA Tournament

I am one of the biggest sports optimists you can meet. Every year I think the Jazz will win it all, and practically every year I think that the Twins will make the playoffs and win it all. But sometimes I am a realist. So to all you BYU fans out there: don't worry, BYU will lose in the first round once again. I called the loss to UNLV in the MWC championship and now I'm calling the loss to the A&M Aggies.

Trust me, every year when BYU was in the NCAA tornament I'd fill out my tournament bracket and somehow convince myself that BYU was going to win it all and I'd pencil them in. The Cougars would always totally mess up my bracket! Even last year I was thinking that they would beat Xavier then they could somehow pull off a massive upset of Ohio State, and then BAM! they'd be in the sweet sixteen baby! This year I don't even care, I know they will loose. In fact I never remember the Cougars getting out of the first round. Maybe they did once... Don't get me wrong I'd love to see the Cougars advance but folks I just don't see it happening. Maybe if they'd actually get higher than the 8th or 9th seed...

No comments: